"Shoulder surgery at the Vale of leven"

About: Vale of Leven General Hospital

Day surgery that turned into a longer stay than expected.

All staff were kind and approachable and care for me when I felt awful post surgery. Care delivery at clinics was timeous.

The ward was clean.

Dear Twister206,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with me - I know that it must have been a frustrating experience for you being in hospital longer than you had expected, but I am glad that during that time you felt well taken care of by the ward staff.

You also highlight the efficiency of the clinics you attended and the cleanliness of the ward which is very much appreciated.

I will make sure your comments are passed on to all of the staff involved and I hope that you are recovering well from your operation.

Best Wishes,

Lorna

Update posted by Twister206 (the patient)

I have to admit that I was thoroughly impressed with the care I received. I have had two shoulder surgeries at the Vale of Leven once five years ago and recently in October. I am due to have a further surgery on my opposite surgery.

I live in Barrhead and was initially a little upset to pass the RAH and head across the water for my care. Had I not done so I would have missed out in meeting staff that impressed me from the domestic to the Consultant. The unit is small and personal. It was clean and comfortable. Clinics were efficient and welcoming. The ward staff were professional and friendly. The care I received from theatre staff was excellent, recovery staff were supportive and reassuring. There is hardly enough space and time to thank them all.

My stay was prolonged a little as I was miserable post anaesthetic. The way I was cared for warmed my heart, that in the humdrum of the NHS there was an oasis of heaven. Well Done Vale of Leven!