About: University College Hospital

I visited the hospital today with the impression that it had a walk in centre(and it didn't, you only have A&E service), which was my fault I admit. However, when I walked in in the main reception I was treated very badly. The receptionist almost laughed at me when I explained why I came.. he directed me in a rude way to the nearest Walk-in centre in Soho. I did not appreciate his attitude as it was disrespectful and even if not urgent, I was still in pain. The only thing good I can say was the extremely professional doctor that examined me and did not mock me. Please train your welcoming staff better as I am sure you are a great hospital and the reception service should reflect that. Thank you!

Response from University College Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us. We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience of the reception team at University College Hospital. We would be grateful if you could contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) via pals@uclh.nhs.uk or by calling 020 3447 3042 so that we can look into this.