"Excellent standard"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Gynaecology

I took unwell at the start of January 2015 and was admitted to Ward 13 at Wishaw General Hospital. I cannot thank them enough for the care and attention provided to me from both nursing and medical staff both pre and post surgery. The ward was very clean and staff were very friendly and attentive during my 5 day stay. On my day of discharge, I seen the consultant in the morning, pharmacy staff checked over and explained my prescription for taking home, and the nursing staff made sure I had everthing ready for going home and follow up arranged. I am not used to being a patient and my experience was of an excellent standard which I view the staff should be commended for. Thank you once again who contributed to my care.

Response from Gillian Corbett, Chief of Nursing Services, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear m79,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your postivie experience of your recent episode of care.The staff in Ward 13 will be pleased to hear that you found the ward to be very clean and that all members of the team provided an excellant service. I will ensure this is fed back to the team.

I hope that you continue to make a good recovery,

Kind Regards,