"Excellent care by Gynae team on Richmond ward"

About: West Middlesex University Hospital

The care I received in Day Surgery by the consultant and his team and on Richmond Ward last Tuesday was exemplary. The nursing staff, despite being under pressure, delivered care with outstanding expertise and compassion. They managed to be personable and human while adapting care to the individual needs of each of us. They answered the call bells promptly and with a smile - little things that make a difference. The medical team were attentive and visited to explain about my operation and gave me ample opportunity to ask questions. There is nothing dignified about the things that a person needs when they go into hospital but the nursing staff just got on with helping me in a way that made me feel no embarrassment. Nothing was too much trouble and they gave the impression that they had time for me. I really appreciated the chats and the humour that lightened the mood in the ward when we were all feeling a little worse for ware. Congratulations to the staff on day surgery and on Richmond ward for getting it right.

Response from West Middlesex University Hospital

Thank you so much for your great feedback about your recent experiences here. We have passed your comments onto the day surgery and Richmond ward team who will really appreciate hearing from you.