"Why send me to a hospital out of Shropshire that cannot view my records online?"

About: Shropshire and Staffordshire Telford referral and quality service (TRAQS)

Why send me to a hospital out of Shropshire that cannot view my records online? Complete waste of journey!

Response from Helen Handy, TRAQS & CAB Co-Ordinator, Telford and Wrekin CCG

Dear Smaller992

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the team.

TRAQS are a referral hub which manages all GP referrals for first out patient appointments and offers a Choice of hospitals/clinics.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to explain that TRAQS do not send patients to a particular hospital, it is the decision of the patient whether they choose to travel out of the local area for an earlier appointment. If the patient is aware that they have been seen locally for the same or similar condition then that is something the patient must take into account when deciding where they wish to go for treatment.

I appreciate that it is not ideal but technology does not as yet allow hospitals to share patient records.The TRAQS team help patients to make an 'informed Choice' but the ulimate decision rests with the patient.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond.