"The staff in this ward personally need medals"

About: Southern General Hospital / Urology

I was admitted to ward 10 of the urology department of the southern general hospital in Glasgow.

I have read recently about the staff shortage of the nose, well what can I say, the staff in this ward to me personally need medals.

From the second I was admitted to the second I was discharged I received the best health care, not only were the staff helpful and kind but so very friendly.

I can honestly say the nurses and auxiliary nurses really do work extremely hard to provide such incredible care. The way the dealt with the more difficult patients was fantastic.

1 staff nurse in particular was so helpful, hard working and kind. This nurse who I only know as Nester buzzed around this very busy ward. When it was time for me to be discharged I was asked if I could wait in waiting area for my medication and discharge from to Dr to be made as bed was needed. I was told that it would take a while which I had no problem with at all as I could see how very busy the ward was. I was still offered lunch and tea as I waited. When my medication and discharge letter was finally ready the staff nurse Nester apologised numerous times for my wait despite it being clear just how busy they where. This for me just showed what great staff works here.

I know some people complain about the nhs but I honestly think they have to see first hand just how hard these Dr's and nurses actually work as I'm sure they would realise they go beyond the call of duty to help their patients.

Well done on having some of the best nhs staff

Many many thanks for my great care

Dear Fast101,

Thank you for getting in touch with your feedback on your stay in Ward 10 at the Southern General. I am really pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience and have already passed your kind comments on to the General Manager for the service who has in turn sent to the staff on the ward.

You highlight a very important point when talking about how busy the ward was - what stands out in your post is that the standards of communication by the staff remained very high throughout and that they continued to ensure you were kept comfortable during your wait. These relatively simple actions make such a difference to the way our patients are made to feel, as you have demonstrated.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback, and I wish you all the best.

Kind Regards,