"Booking an appointment"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Ear, Nose & Throat

I had an appointment arranged by my GP in Early September asking that I be seen as soon as possible although it was not an ‘urgent’ referral.

I have now had an appointment come through whichwas late January, 20 weeks after my GP wrote to them. You are supposed to be seen within 12 weeks of a referral and I know there have been holidays in between so I could understand a couple of weeks either way but not 20.

I informed my GP that I had not heard from the hospital, she contacted them again, and the appointment is still 20 weeks after the initial referral, 8 weeks over the acceptable waiting time.

Dear Brown257,

I am sorry you have had to wait over our waiting time target. I will speak to the service manager and I will come back to you with an explanation. (While this does not often change things, I sometimes think it can help if we understand why this is the case).

Meantime, please phone the number on your letter regularly (every day if that is practical for you). You may get a cancellation and be seen earlier.

Kind regards,