"Outstanding care and kind staff for my daughter"

About: Inverclyde Royal Hospital / Accident & Emergency Royal Alexandra Children's Hospital

(as a parent/guardian),

My daughter was hospitalised following a minor head injury.

Really outstanding caring and kind staff at Royal Alexandra Children's ward. Particularly Nicky, the nurse who looked after my daughter during the night and made my daughter and I feel really safe and looked after.

Dear Redandcaramel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to pass on your kind comments - I had forwarded this to the General Manager for Paediatric Services who has since sent this on with his added thanks to all of the staff at the RAH Children's Ward, and in particular Nicky who you mentioned specifically.

Although you say this was a minor injury, I know that for any parent who has a child in hospital it never feels minor, therefore it is so important for you, as well as your daughter, to feel safe and cared for. It is fantastic to hear that this was your experience and I know the staff will be really pleased that you have sent in your positive feedback.

With best wishes to you and your daughter,

Lorna

Response from Royal Alexandra Children's Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please contact our Patient Advice & liaison Service (PALS) at pals@bush.nhs.uk or on 01273 664973.

Patient Experience Team