"Non existant aftercare"

About: Luton & Dunstable Hospital

I wish to formally complain about the absolutely appalling after care service I have received from the hospital. I had to complain to get a six week follow up appointment following my spinal surgery. I saw the doctor and he said he wanted to see me in a further 3 months to monitor my progress. I received an appointment letter dated 18/11/2014 with an appointment on 13/02/15. I then received another letter dated 30/12/14 changing the appointment to 4/02/14. Then another letter dated 12/01/15 changing it to 4/03/15. Then another letter dated 15th Jan changing it to 18th March. Then another letter dated 28/01/2015 changing it again to 01/04/2015. Very appropriate because it is a complete joke. That’s now 2 months after the doctor had asked to see me. It is totally unacceptable that you can't organise a simple follow up appointment. Please get someone to give me a call when they have arranged an appointment in February as agreed with my doctor. Your website states "The Luton and Dunstable University Hospital is committed to excellence and to the provision of high quality healthcare.” You are falling a long way short of this ambition. I look forward to hearing from you shortly with an appointment in February as agreed with the doctor.

Response from Luton & Dunstable Hospital

We are very concerned to hear about your experience. Our Patient Affairs Team is aware of your concerns, if you would like to speak to a member of the Patient Affairs Team then please call them directly on 01582 497 002, or email complaints.officer@ldh.nhs.uk.