"Very Impressed"

About: Sunderland Royal Hospital

I just visited the A&E this week unexpectedly after seeing my GP the same morning. The GP surgery got me into an appointment an hour after calling, called ahead to the A&E dept and sent me on my way within 20 minutes. When I arrived at the A&E, I was sent to the Green wing and was examined by a very kind, knowledgeable nurse with liaised with the hand surgery consultant. I was then sent to get an xray and upon return the nurse was waiting for me as she had just checked to see if my xray was complete. I was given treatment and taught how to administer treatment for the week until my appointment with the hand specialist in a weeks time. I felt very informed, valued and empowered. My husband and I were out of the A&E and on our way within 2 hours. Needless to say, we were very impressed with the GP surgery and hospital. I felt well cared for during a time when I am particularly vulnerable due to being 37 weeks pregnant.

Response from Sunderland Royal Hospital

Thank you for leaving a review of your experience. We will share these with the A&E Team who will be delighted to receive such positive feedback, particularly as they have been really busy over the last few weeks. Your comments will give them such a boost.