"Excellent service by Breast Care Unit"

About: Torbay Hospital

Two weeks ago I had my first routine mammogram and 6 days later I received a letter informing me that I needed to attend Torbay Breast Care Unit for further tests in a few days time. On attendance I had further mammograms, an ultrasound and a biopsy and I saw the consultant and a Breast care nurse. Throughout the two hour period I was at the unit the nurses and consultant were excellent, offering reassurance and information in a friendly environment. Despite having my breasts regularly exposed I felt comfortable and not at all embarrassed. Today , only two weeks after my initial mammogram, I learned that the results of the biopsy showed the area of concern to be benign and nothing to worry about. Thank you to all the staff at the Breast Care Unit for their outstanding, efficient and caring service. It is reassuring to know that matters such as this are dealt with in such a short time so that patients do not suffer from any undue stress/anxiety and that the route to treatment if required is prompt.

Response from Torbay Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to comment. It is always good to receive positive feedback and we will ensure we share your examples of good practice with the Department concerned. Kind regards South DevonHealthcare NHS Foundation Trust.

Response from PALS Dept, Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your kind comments. We are really pleased that the care and treatment you received reached the high standards we constantly strive to achieve.

Kind regards South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.