"Womens unit"

About: Leigh Infirmary

I had an appointment at the womens unit at Leigh yesterday. I was very impressed and so glad that I had my appointment there. The hospital is very clean and this new diagnostic suite was immaculate. Each and every member of staff was attentive, kind and friendly which made me feel much more at ease, my appointment had been urgent and I was anxious of the outcome. It was brilliant that the service was 'one stop', it meant that I had my scan and appointment all at the same place, day and time, which meant less worry in between appointments. The outcome was positive which obviously makes a difference and I'm relieved about, but the way the clinic was run and the efficient and friendly manner of the staff made a massive difference. I am so thankful that this unit is in my local area, it's a credit to the Trust.

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your most positive feedback following your appointment at the women's unit at Leigh Infirmary. The 'one stop' service is something we are very proud of and is a credit to the team. I will ensure that they are made aware of your posting.

Response from Leigh Infirmary