"macula hole surgery"

About: Worthing Hospital

I had surgery to repair a hole in my macula in right eye on 18th november 2014. The nurses and surgeon gave excellent care before, during and after the procedure. I felt no pain during the 2 hour op and only needed the occasional paracetamol afterwards. the gas bubble incerted meant my sight was blurry for two weeks and I was very tired the first week. My eye also felt dazzled by bright light. Everything was explained in the leaflets I was given. I rang the ward to ask if I could wear a contact lens in my good eye- they were very helpful. after 4 weeks I saw my surgeon again who gave me the all clear to resume swimming, all activities and fly. I have just been to my opticians and my right eye is much improved. Im very pleased and satisfied with the outcome. My thanks to all involved.

Response from Worthing Hospital

Thank you so much for posting this lovely feedback for our Ophthalmology Service. You may be aware that there has been a huge increase in demand for the Service, with consequent pressure on all staff. We are trying very hard to address this increased workload, and when we receive positive comments like yours, it is a real boost to morale. I shall pass on your thanks to the Department.