"An excellent place to recuperate"

About: Bideford Hospital

I spent the last month of a four month stay in hospital recuperating from the effects of a very nasty lung problem in Willow Ward. The nursing and physiotherapy care that I received could not be faulted. A spacious hospital staffed by very professional, caring and competent staff - who were always willing to go the extra mile,

Dear Mr Seal

Firstly may I apologise for not responding sooner - however I was very pleased to read your comments. I was sorry to learn you had such a long stay in hospital but very happy that you were treated so well whilst staying on willow ward. It's always good to note staff are willing to go that extra mile, as it makes such a difference to the patients experience.

I have shared your kind comments with both the ward manager and Matron where I know they will be gratefully received and shared with all staff involved in your care.

I do hope you have now made a full recovery and wish you well for the future

Response from Peter Brain, Volunteer, Healthwatch Devon

Dear Mr Seal

The comments and responses on the web-site of Patient Opinion are shared with us at Healthwatch.

Thank you for writing to Patient Opinion -as you see the Trust are appreciative of your compliments.

More generally we are building a picture of the provision of services in Devon and these comments will help the NHS and other providers develop and improve their services.

If you wish to discuss any health or social care issues with us in confidence, including seeking advice or information about services, please call 0800 520 0640, or email info@healthwatchdevon.co.uk or go on-line to www.healthwatchdevon.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Peter Brain

Healthwatch Devon is the consumer champion for Health and Social Care in Devon.