"Appalling service"

About: University College Hospital / Gastroenterology

I attended a gastro appointment at the UCLH. There was a 40 minute delay in the clinic. After one hour I asked what was happening and I was told to wait. After two hours I was told that my noted had not been given to the doctor and was still with reception! Appalling service. When I complained the staff were rude to me.

Response from Chris Dann, Assistant General Manager Gastrointestinal Services Division, Gastroenterology Department, UCH

I am sorry to read of your experiences, whilst visiting the hospital for a Gastroenterology appointment. We are working closely with the Outpatient Department to ensure that clinic templates are only over booked when entirely necessary and that multiple patients are not booked in at the same time (which can often cause a delay.)

Unfortunately, it is not clear which clinic you attended but afternoon clinics can be delayed as a result of over booked clinics from the morning; again, something we are addressing with the Outpatients Department and relevant Service Managers.

I would like to apologise on behalf of the Trust for any negative experiences you had from Outpatient staff. I have forwarded your comments to the Outpatients Department, so they can address them directly with their team.