"I feel a lot more relaxed nowadays knowing I can get some help"

About: East Ayrshire Community Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

Rheumatology at Cumnock community Hospital

I have been attending RA clinics for nearly 30 years and they have actually improved nowadays. There is a long time between consultant appointments but I have access and regular appointments with the Specialist Rhuematology Sister.

This is a very good service and has made a big difference to managing my condition. If there is an acute problem Jayne Argyle [RA Sister] has access to consultants and this is very helpful. She can usually sort out the problem on her own.

There is also a telephone number to call for advice and help and Robert who is usually the guy who answers is very helpful.

It used to be that you were left for months at a time with no access to a consultant [there was only one part-time doctor] for months.

I feel a lot more relaxed nowadays knowing I can get some help. Also medication is miles ahead nowadays, thankfully.

Dear Fran37,

How satisfying it must be to feel more relaxed and possibly even safer with the support of both individuals (Jayne) and the service. This is a great example where a services can develop and grow to provide better care.

I will be very happy to pass this to the service and the staff (all credit to them). It is not only great that you are experiencing a better service but also that you are able to manage your condition better.

Thank you for sharing this with us, it is always nice to be able pass the positive stories to those who have worked so hard to deliver a good service.

Best wishes,