"A & E on Boxing Day"

About: Princess Royal University Hospital (Orpington)

I arrived early this day with kidney stone pain having been diagnosed with bowel cancer on December 24th. The department was very well organised, and after efficient triage I was seen by an outstanding female doctor. She was thorough, communicative, reassuring and utterly professional. After another short while, I was given a number of tests including a CT scan to ascertain if I had any other kidney stones. I was admitted to the hospital while awaiting results and in that time received outstanding nursing attention and a meal of excellent quality in a very pleasant ward whixh was immaculately cleanrelate to my recent cancer diagnosis. In addition to receiving results in relation to my kidney stones, the radiographer also reported (off the record) that there appeared to be no secondary tumours related to my recent cancer diagnosis. My experience at PRUH on this day was largely responsible for me transferring my cancer treatment from Queen Elizabeth Hospital Woolwich to the PRUH.

Response from Princess Royal University Hospital

Belated thanks for your positive feedback. I do hope that your care and treatment is progressing well and that we are continuing to offer you a high standard of care and support.