"ignore negative reports"

About: Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Whilst working on Saturday the 24th Jan , driving a lorry from Birmingham to Scotland on the M6 I was suddenly taken ill, the symptoms were such I had no alternative but to call an ambulance . The crew arrived within 5 mins of my call and were fantastic in the way they dealt with me, taking me to A and E at the Lancaster Royal Infirmary I was seen within 5 mins of arrival and treated immediately. The staff were very professional and treated me with respect and sympathy. I was admitted to the ASU ward, I can say that if I ever wanted to stay in a 5 star accommodation in Lancaster this would be the place, staff 5 star, facilities 5 star, cleanliness 5 star. The whole experience even when in severe pain was beyond reproach. There is so much bad press nowadays about the NHS ( some of which may be justified) but there is never any press about the outstanding service that can be achieved, Can the staff at the hospital please be thanked for the way they looked after me. I certainly did not encounter anything that would make me complain, and was extremely surprised at the level of high morale and professionalism I encountered. Thank you.

Response from Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Thank you Merv for writing a comment on our services at the Royal Lancaster Infirmary. We have passed on your lovely comments to our staff in A&E and ASU. Thank you again and best wishes with your recovery!