"A&E and ambulance crew"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital / Paediatrics South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

(as a parent/guardian),

My son had a Febrile convulsion and the paramedics and nursing staff and drs in A&E were fantastic. Very reassuring. Given open access to the children's ward should we feel we need it. An amazing team. Can not thank you all enough.

Response from Louise Hutchinson, Patient Experience Lead, South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Bow

Thank you very much for providing feedback about the service you received from South East Coast Ambulance Service recently. I was pleased to read that our staff were reassuring and I do hope your son has recovered well from this episode. It is also good to hear that you have been given open access to the children's ward should he have a recurrence, and it would be very helpful if you were able to provide us with some details about this so we are clear as to exactly where to take your son should you need to call us again. If you are able to, please do get in touch with me by email to louise.hutchinson@secamb.nhs.uk

Thank you again for taking the time to thank all of the NHS staff involved - it really is very much appreciated.

Kind regards, Louise

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I will ensure our A&E staff are aware, they will find your words very encouraging. Glad to hear that your son has recovered well, let's hope he doesn't need our services again, but if he does, we will be very pleased to care for him again.