"Well done to all"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

Following a tumble down some steps & injuring my foot I attended E Surrey A&E for treatment. on Saturday afternoon. I called in advance to check waiting times as although very painful I felt my visit could be delayed if busy. The helpful receptionist said about an hour wait for minors. I was triaged immediately & seen by the nurse practitioner within 10 mins; X-ray & plaster cast followed & I was home soon after.

What an amazing service, all from friendly, helpful & caring staff - Well Done!

I had to return to fracture clinic to see the Orthopaedic Team. I arrived an hour early being reliant on a friend for a lift, & again was seen almost straight away by the Consultant. Examination, advice & the fitting of a boot followed & I was finished about 15 mins before my appt time. Again all staff were extremely helpful especially as I was struggling on my own with crutches & coat etc!

I cannot fault the service on both occasions - well done to all.

Response from Tasha Gardner, Communications Manager, Marketing and Communications, Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Dear Quirk

It was lovely to read your description of our 'amazing service, from friendly helpful and caring staff'. We are very proud of our hard working teams in A&E and the Fracture Clinic and I know they will be delighted to read your comments and hear how happy you were with your care.

I hope you are recovering well.

best wishes