"I am scared to go back to heartlands"

About: Heartlands Hospital / Gynaecology

My first experience of Heartlands was horrific.

I had a missed miscarriage and was sent there from Solihull to receive treatment. I was given tablets to start the process and left in a ward to "get on with it" in the words of one of the midwives. I won't go into all the details but I lost so much blood that I almost bled to death.

Only after a walk from the bathroom back to bed I passed out due to blood loss and being found on the floor by one of the consultants was any action taken. This is even though I had tried to speak to the midwives numerous times but was ether batted away or treated like I was being a princess.

The only reason I'm not dead is that I was rushed into theatre by that consultant.

I wish I had sued so that no one would ever have to go through what I did but I felt bullied into thinking this was my fault. And I can say from new experiences that things have not gotten better since my first visit to Heartlands.

I am now pregnant again and being forced to go back to Heartlands due to complications. I am so scared.

Dear babs90

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your previous experience at Heartlands Hospital.

I am very sorry for the loss of your baby and I am concerned to read what you went through.

So that I can look into this, I would need more information. Can I ask you to contact me directly either by calling 0121 424 0808, or by email: marie.helebert@heartofengland.nhs.uk

I would like to reassure you that we take seriously any issues our patients raise with us and we value your feedback.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards