"Surgical Admissions Unit"

About: Colchester General Hospital

I spent most of yesterday (Thu 22 Jan) in your SAU, being assessed following a kidney stone 'incident' during the previous night. It was a long day and I now have a forearm like the proverbial pin cushion but I have nothing but Thanks and praise for all those who helped me. Everybody was kind, kept me informed and were concerned for my well being. I am mindful that the SAU was really busy throughout the day. Can I particularly thank the Nurse and the junior Doctor whose name, I regret, I am not sure of. They were terrific Thank You again.

Response from Paul Searle, Head of Communications, Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust

The Care Quality Commission (CQC) want to know what people think about our services - good or bad. http://www.cqc.org.uk/share-your-experience-finder

Could you also email the Colchester Gazette and ask them to publish a letter? Email is: gazette.letters@nqe.com

Lastly, we ask people like you who support our hospital to show that support by becoming a member. Sign up here: http://bit.ly/1c0LPjY

You’ll get our Mainstream magazine four times a year for free!

And don’t forget, you could follow us on Twitter or “Like” us on our Facebook Pages.

Many thanks

Response from Colchester General Hospital

Many thanks for your comments and taking the time to submit them. We try really hard to improve our services based on the comments we receive from our patients, their relatives or carers. We have a quarterly At Our Best Awards scheme which recognises staff achievements and thanks them for what they do. It has a team category, an individual and a volunteer category. You could enter the team/the person you were kind enough to write in about, by clicking here! http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/At_Our_Best_Awards Also, could you email me, using the reference “+ve Comment on Urology at 23/01/2015 14:39:40 ”, please so we can pass on your good wishes? Many thanks Paul Searle, Head of Communications Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust info@colchesterhospital.nhs.uk