"Chest pains"

About: Grantham & District Hospital / Accident and emergency

I went to A & E in Grantham in January with chest pains, I was seen within 30 minutes and was seen by nurses and by doctors.

I was given blood tests and xrays. I was admitted to a temporary ward because a further xray was needed after 6 hours to verify nothing serious was wrong, I was then sent home.

During the night I had more severe chest pains and returned to A & E on another day. I was seen within 15 minutes. I was given more blood tests and was admitted to E A Ward, I saw several doctors and was given an Ultra Sound scan of my heart, I was also given another xray. I stayed in the ward overnight to see if the pains recurred.

The next morning I was seen by more doctors and finally allowed to go home as everything was normal.

I cannot praise enough the quality of care I received from both nurses and doctors, they made a very worrying time very pleasant.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you very much for your kind words I will ensure all staff involved with your car has the opportunity to know we got it right.

As a department we always aim to give care that we would be happy to receive ourselves. It’s good know we are getting it right.

Teresa Shepherd

Accident and Emergency Department Grantham

• jamieivan thinks this response is helpful