"Exceptional care for my daughter's fractured elbow"

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital / Accident and emergency Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital / Paediatrics Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital / Trauma and Orthopaedics

(as a parent/guardian),

My daughter fractured her elbow back in July last Year. The care she recieved through out the whole process has been acceptional. Through the initial treatment in A&E, even though it was extremely busy the care was excellent, they made sure she was pain free & opened up the children's side so the wait was as stress free as possible. The plaster room on the 3 occasions we were there was a credit to the hospital, especially when the K- wires were removed from my daughter's arm, cannot thank them enough. The theatre team were very reasuring & provided excellent care during the initial recovery from surgery, making sure my daughter was as pain free as possible. Buxton ward treated my daughter with care & deligence during her stay, they were continuously busy, but it clearly didn't effect the excellent care that was given.

I would also like to thank the Paediatric orthopaedic team Mr Sanghrajka & Jan Wilkins who provide dedicated professional care & skill on a daily basis & a great asset to the NNUH & to the NHS as a whole.

We are pleased to hear that so many hospital departments were able to support you and your daughter following her injury. Thank you for taking the time to feedback - the teams will be pleased to know about your experience.

Response from Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your daughter's care and we hope she is making a good recovery. It is pleasing to hear that all the teams took good care of your family.