"Not sure where to even start to explain the..."

About: Queen Elizabeth Hospital (Gateshead)

Not sure where to even start to explain the appalling treatment suffered by my 88 year old grandmother and my parents when they attended an appointment for an x-ray. Lets start with waiting for 7 and a half hours before the surgeon came to put a plaster on her broken arm. They were asked to wait in a cupboard, which caused untold distress to my grandmother who has dementia (not to mention my disabled father who has severe back problems but was left to move my grandmother around the hospital ( no porters ! ??) Then when the surgeon eventually put the plaster on, my dad had to help him !! Its just a joke, and the hospital need to seriously look at at its huge failings which seem to be gathering momentum on this page!

Response from Queen Elizabeth Hospital

We're sorry to hear about your experience and that you were unhappy with your grandmother’s care at the hospital. Listening to your story, it sounds like we've fallen short of the experience that we aim to provide at the trust for patients and their relatives. If you would like this to be looked into further you can contact our PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) on 0800 953 0667.