"compression of the back"

About: Monklands District General Hospital Monklands District General Hospital / Urology

Was brought into monklands general hospital mid December, then was sent to the beatson gartnavel glasgow, for radiotherapy on my back, was there until late december then brought back to monklands for physiotherapy and occupational therapy and this helped me very much, very big improvement.

I now got more movement back to my legs and the pain has been under control very happy with all the staff have been a very big help here in monklands every single last one that has anything to do with my recovery here over Christmas and new year made me feel at home and kept me upbeat and positive about things, didn't have complaints about anything here for my stay of 39 days all in I am well appreciated for the help from everyone here at monklands and the beatson very grateful.

Response from Ruth Thompson, Chief of Nursing Services, Monklands Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Kevster

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience of care here at Monklands Hospital.

39 days is a very long time to be in hospital and made more difficult over the Festive period. I am very pleased that the multi-disciplinary team worked collectively to manage your pain, assist you to get more movement in your legs and keep you upbeat and positive about your treatment and lengthy stay with us.

I hope you continue to make progress.

Ruth

• kevster thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by kevster (the patient)

Yes your response helps me very much indeed,everyone one in this ward done a very professional job, and no complaints at all, very good hospital indeed.thanks again for all the support top consultants nurses and assistants everyone.

Response from Janice McClymont, Occupational Therapy Head of Profession, Occupational Therapy Services, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear Kevster,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your care and therapy interventions during your admission to Monklands Hospital. I am delighted that you have benefited from your rehabilitation, and that you are achieving more movement and less pain. I'm sure this will help you to achieve increased independence with everyday activities now that you are home.

I will ensure that the therapy team at Monklands receive your posting, and hope that your feedback will help to motivate other patients who find themselves in a similar situation, or who have been in hospital for some time.

I wish you continued progress with your recovery.

Best wishes