About: Royal Bolton Hospital

Having waited 13 months to see a Cardiologist, following my discharge after a heart attack in Dec 2013. I was totally amazed to be seen at exactly the time of my appointment. Unfortunately the good news ended there. That consultation lasted less than the time it takes to boil an egg. Appointment at 3.30pm and drove off the carp park at 3.36pm. Unable to answer my questions about my returning Angina pain, or explain any test results,I was sent out after less than 3 mins. and told I would be seen again in 4 months. I left the clinic feeling like I had wasted not only the NHS time and money but also mine. I waited a few days and made an appointment to see my GP to get all of my medical care transferred to another hospital. I now have an appointment to see a new cardiologist at a different hospital and will under no circumstances return to this god forsaken hospital. I would prefer to travel further and get proper care than go back to a hospital that is less than 1 mile away and treats people like this.

Response from Royal Bolton Hospital

We're very sorry to hear this. If you would like to discuss further please would you contact our Patient Advisory and Liaison Office on 01204 390193.