"Professional, friendly and caring"

About: East Surrey Hospital

My son got called into the Children's Assessment Unit because he had been referred by his doctor to the paediatric neurologist and she could not see him in her clinic for at least 6 weeks. She was concerned about the headaches he was having and wanted to rush through seeing him. From the minute I got the phonecall asking me to take him in to the minute we got the diagnosis I really could not have asked for a better service. We were there, unexpectedly, over lunch and they bought my son some food without us asking. Just one of the many little things they did that made our 4 hours there more bearable. All the staff were fantastic. They understood that the best way to get through to my son was to talk directly to him and not to me. They explained everything that they were doing to him in a language that he could understand. Generally 100% service. thank you so much.

Dear Kate,

Firstly apologies for not responding earlier to your comments about CAU.

It's really good to read your comments as having myself spent a few hours with the staff on CAU the other day I can see what a great family friendly service they offer and how having this facility really does support our local children and their families.

I will ensure that your comments are shared with colleagues in CAU

Ian