"not really a story but a cry for help"

About: Dundee Dental Hospital / Dental

hi there I couldn't find a direct email for the clinic so I thought this might work. im 38 years old and have disgusting teeth, ive always had a fear of dentists since I was 18 I had to have all my top teeth pulled out and a plate fitted which greatly affected my confidence and at the time I had it done I suffered some severe pain. ive probably had toothache for 5 out of the last ten years with a swollen face being the most recent one which I have as im typing this. my fear of dentists has actually turned out to be not so much fear as embarrassment im ashamed of myself for letting my teeth get so bad but im at the point where I need some help as its affecting my whole life PLEASE HELP. regards

Response from Jason Leitch, Clinical Director, Health and Social Care Directorate, Scottish Government We have made a change

Hi there,

I've contacted the dental services in NHS Tayside. They would be delighted to see you with no obligation and just to start to help you. If you email Morag at morag.curnow@nhs.net she'll be in touch.

Hope that helps.

Jason Leitch

National Clinical Director

Healthcare Quality

Response from Alison Moss, Feedback Manager, NHS Tayside

Dear onlythebrave

Thank you for contacting us via Patient Opinion to seek help. We are really sorry to hear of your pain. We note Jason has contacted you to inform you that we would be delighted to see you to help you with your dental needs. We would urge you to contact Morag Curnow at morag.curnow@nhs.net to ensure that you get appropriate treatment started quickly, particularly if your face is swollen.