"Caring, attentive, informative"

About: Macclesfield District General Hospital

In the past year we have been 'unfortunate' enough to end up in A&E here twice and both times the waiting times were very reasonable (less than an hour both times) and the doctors were very thorough and caring and we liked how they explained what they were doing and why in and easy to understand but not condescending way. The after-care we received was also fantastic. Only slight criticism I would have is that it doesn't seem the cleaning staff mop and clean behind the toilet doors in the A&E area often enough, everywhere else in the toilet area was very clean but a dirty mark on the floor behind the door was still there when I came back for re-dressing 2 days later. I would not hesitate to recommend this hospital.

Response from Macclesfield District General Hospital

Please accept our sincere thanks for taking the time to comment on your experiences while being cared for on A&E. It's great to hear you were so pleased with the service provided. We will feed back your comments and suggestions to the staff concerned and I'm sure it will mean a lot to them.