"Treatment and after care at Queen Alexandra breast..."

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

I am an 81 year old woman who was treated for breast cancer at the unit in QA on January the 2nd 2015. I had my operation on that that date and had an overnight stay in ward D8. I can't praise the surgeon who performed my operation,the anaesthetist,and all the other staff concerned enough. My after surgery care on ward D8 was also both professional and kind. I must state that the ward was very short staffed but the staff gave 100 per cent in care and consideration . I couldn't have had better care anywhere . Thank you all !

Response from Marion Brown, Head of Complaints and Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS), Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Gloria

On behalf of the people you mentioned in your comment, I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to share such positive feedback on your experience at the hospital. We hope that you continue to make a good recovery and wish you all the best for the future.

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us. We are so happy to learn how pleased you are with the surgeon who perfomed your operation and the nursing staff on Ward D8. Please be assured that we will of course pass your kind comments on to the relevant staff for their information.