"Extremely professional and unbelievably caring"

About: Princess Royal University Hospital (Orpington)

Have surgery on the 13/1/2015 and stayed for two days in Princess Royal at Surgical Ward 8 for women (Gynaecology) and I cannot be more impressed of the tremendously professional and caring services that they are providing. Everyone involved from doctors and nurses to pharmacist, food and cleaners are in total coordination and nothing was left unattended. Was witness to an emergency situation in the middle of the night (15/1) concerning a patient next to me, and in seconds, yes, not minutes, there were on top of the situation and managed to make the patient stable in less than an hour! I have to take my hat off to the nurse that was in charge that night because she act in an unbelievable fast way, never lost control, and still managed to keep on the rounds on the rest of us... with a smile! Of course, my recuperation has been really smooth and I know is due to their fantastic coordinated work between the surgery team and the care team. What can I said, an outstanding NHS work that deserves to be known and acknowledged!... And, of course, big thank you!

Response from Princess Royal University Hospital

I am sorry for the delay in acknowledging your feedback. It is very good to hear that you received a high standard of care from the clinical and non clinical teams in your ward area but that you also independently have been able to offer feedback on the prompt and effective management of an emergency situation.