"Dismissive of my symptoms"

About: Ayr Hospital / General Medicine

This Professor was dismissive of any continuing symptoms preferring to be guided by my so called TSH being in range. I feel regardless of blood levels surely if I'm continuing to have debilitating symptoms then other treatment options should be discussed?

Dear weecee,

While your TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone level) is in range, that is good, but how you feel is clearly core to a successful consultation and outcome. I wonder if this Professor has an alternative plan to refer you to someone else in a different discipline and I also wonder if your GP has had a letter outlining another plan.

I am sorry you feel you have not been listened to and it does seem as if communication could have been clearer for you with other treatment options discussed with you. If you wish to let us know your name, address and date of birth we can explore this further. If you do want to contact me, you can email me on eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk or phone me on 01563 826222.

Best wishes