"Highest possible care in Ward 57"

About: Southern General Hospital / Elderly Medicine

I write this message to thank all the staff at this ward who have been caring for my Mum since November to present.

They have been so caring and helpful, my Mum hasn't been the easiest of patients, but nothing seems to phase the staff. Any time our family have asked for information the staff have been forthcoming and gone out their way to get any answers we have needed. My Mum has been there so long that we have got to know the staff very well, it's makes a difference when you recognise faces and feel comfortable to approach them.

So thanks to Joan and all the team, keep up the amazing work that you do, as not only are you looking after your patients, you are also putting families at ease, knowing their loved ones are getting the highest care possible.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences of ward 57. I have shared this with Joan McKendrick and her team who are delighted that you have taken the time to show your appreciation of the work they do.

Having a loved one in hospital is always a stressful time so the fact that you have taken the time to give us your feedback is especially appreciated. Thank you once again for your positive feedback.

Geraldine Marsh