"My son's illness and court appearance"

About: Inverclyde Royal Hospital / General Psychiatry

(as a parent/guardian),

He was admitted to IRH last April very ill due to starving himself for weeks, on drips couldn't walk was hallucinating badly.

After six weeks he came home, suffers depression he's half blind, has severe pains in his legs.

Five weeks after he came home a summons arrived. He'd been charged by a nurse for lashing out and swearing at her. Nobody informed us about this at the time.

He's been to court seven times now, taxi there taxi back as he's still very much ill. The court this morning threw out the charge after consultant read his medical records at time of said incident, leaving my son a nervous wreck.

Dear Trishbob1,

I am so sorry to hear of the health problems that your son has, and is still, experiencing. I know that when a loved one is ill it puts a strain on the family and as his mother I can only imagine how worried you must be.

Your comment details the experiences your son has had since leaving hospital care and as this has now moved into a legal situation, it is very difficult and would be inappropriate for me to discuss this on a public forum such as this. Your post does not highlight any specific areas of concern about the care given by NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde. However, if you have such issues which were not dealt with at the time then please contact me directly on lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk.

I wish your son all the best for the future.

Yours Sincerely,