"I went to have a baby not to be starved for two..."

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

I had my last three babies at st Richards Chichester and as I moved into the area decided to use QA this time . I was sadly disappointed I was being induced as thirteen days late I was not given any food for two days the staff just seemed to forget about me .when I did eventually go into labour things became heated very Quickly my midwife was trying to persuade me to do things that I clearly did not want too .I felt very pressured and did not receive the quality of care I believed all patients deserve . When I had delivered she went to write up her notes and just left us all . At 6 pm a new midwife came in I asked where the acting midwife had gone and she said she had gone home !.there was Absolutely no consideration I understand the midwives work long hours and are keen to get home after shifts but I strongly felt I wasn't given the time of day . I discharged myself that evening as I know my rights I did write an official complaint to the CQC , An awful experience I wouldn't recommend .

Response from Marion Brown, Head of Complaints and Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS), Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

I am really sorry to hear that this was you experience at the Hospital as this is certainly not what we want to provide for patients at such a stressful time in their lives. I would appreciate if you could contact our Complaints Team directly so that we can look into this as a matter of urgency as this is not what we expect from staff and would like to make sure that it does not happen again.

Our e-mail address is PHT.Complaints@porthosp.nhs.uk or we can be contacted on 023 9228 6000 (ext 3474/3472) and we look forward to hearing from you to apologise to you directly and be able to look into this further.

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. Congratultations of the birth of your new baby. We are so sorry to learn of the difficulties you and your family have experienced during what should have been a special time for you all. We would like the opportunity to look into this further for you. If you would like us to do so, then please write to us at: PHT.Pals@porthosp.nhs.uk or via free phone on 0800 9176039. Best Wishes Leanne Complaints Officer