"Another great RBH hospital experience"

About: Royal Berkshire Hospital

Many thanks to the magnificent staff at Royal Berkshire Hospital Reading. Having had a routine PSA blood test Wednesday morning a massively high white cell count was discovered and I had a 7pm phone call to come and see them. From my initial consultant to the fabulously caring nurses and catering staff, you are all super stars. The consultant explained the situation and answered my questions very thoroughly and with great consideration. Finding out you have CML leukemia was a bit of a shock but I was made to feel very reassured and am fully prepared for whatever comes my way. Various other checks were carried out which all had good results so I am in a great starting position. Back on Wednesday to see the doctor to get the results from the bone marrow and bone biopsys which the consultant carried out with great care. There were two nurses observing and between them and the consultant, what might have been a quite nasty experience turned out to be a bit of a giggle with a little discomfort thrown in for good measure. I have every confidence in a wonderful team and know I could not be in better hands.

Response from Royal Berkshire Hospital

Thank you for the feedback on your positive experience with our Haematology Department - we have shared this with all the relevant staff. We value your feedback and continue to closely monitor our patient experience within the department on a day to day basis in order to enhance patients’ experience and to ensure we continue to provide high quality care.