"Poor attitude and unprofessional"

About: New Cross Hospital / Urology

My mother was recently an inpatient on ward c25. The care she received on the ward was exceptional. However on the day she was discharged she was sent to the discharge lounge.

My mum needed assistance to go to the toilet, however the nurse told me I had to help her as she was very busy. There was only one other patient in there at this point. She spoke to me like it was too much trouble and with a very big chip on her shoulder.

I would not like mum to be cared for by her again. I think she needs re-training.

Response from The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust

Dear Carollw

Thank you for sharing your comments relating to your mothers care on Ward C25. I am sorry for any distress that this matter has caused.

To enable me to look further into your concerns, I would be grateful if you can contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01902 695362/695368, who can assist you further.

Kindest regards

Carol Bott

Head of Patient Experience and Public Involvement

Response from New Cross Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments relating to your mother's patient experience at our hospital. It was pleasing to hear that her care on Ward C25 was exceptional! I was sorry to read, however, the concerns relating to your mother's experience on the Discharge Lounge. To enable me to look further into your concerns relating to the Discharge Lounge, I would be grateful if you can contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01902 695362 who can assist you further. Just to inform you, the Care Quality Commission (CQC) are holding two public listening events on: Tuesday 26 May 2015 at The Mount Hotel, Mount Road, Tettenhall Wood, Wolverhampton. WV6 8HL at 6.30pm and Wednesday 27 May 2015 at St Luke's Church and Community Centre, Parish Office, Church Street, Cannock, Staffordshire WS11 1DE at 6.30pm Any feedback that you can provide to the CQC would be very much appreciated. If you require any further information relating to this event, please do not hesitate to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01902 695362. Kindest regards Carol Bott Head of Patient Experience and Public Involvement