"Extremely high quality service, a great asset to..."

About: Queen's Medical Centre

I have had two operations on my eye at QMC now and both times the staff were great. My first was in 2011 on a detached retina, throughout all of the consultations the consultant made me feel very confident that the outcome would be good after being told at another hospital that I would not regain any of my vision, which is quite a shock at 18. I have now regained all of my vision back to the level of before the detachment. The opticians I now use have also said that the consultant has done an amazing job. My second operation was a minor operation, again throughout the consultant made me feel very relaxed and his professionalism gives you confidence that your are going to receive great care. The day after the operation I was back at work and was completely back to normal. All of the staff that support the consultants throughout the process are extremely professional and make you feel at ease in a very nervous situation. If I ever have any more problems with my eyes, which I hope I don't, I would ensure that I was referred to QMC. Thank you to all the staff!

Response from Sarah Kennedy, Patient Experience Officer, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thank you so much for your lovely message and your kind words about our staff. It is wonderful that you are so happy with the care you received and it is great to know that the whole team made you feel so relaxed and confident in your treatment. We are also pleased that you had such a speedy recovery. We will share your comments with the team who we know will appreciate your kind feedback.