"Referral to Caroline Thorp Ward"

About: North Devon District Hospital

our three month year old.was admitted to the ward before Christmas with bronchitis and in the end we were there for a week. The Nurses, doctors and consultant registrars were all just fantastic. They kept is informed at every stage and kept us at ease when things were not going to plan. I cannot fault the care our baby daughter received. They were all just fantastic.

Dear parent

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on the website. I was very pleased to learn that you were treated so well on Caroline Thorpe ward during your daughters stay. It must have been a very worrying time for you all, and it's good to note that the staff involved in your daughters care kept you well informed at all times.

I have shared your very positive comments with the doctors and nurse manager of the ward where I know they will be warmly received. I do hope your baby daughter has now made a full recovery.

Response from Peter Brain, Volunteer, Healthwatch Devon

Dear 'parent',

The comments and responses on the web-site of Patient Opinion are passed to us at Healthwatch.

This experience you describe was clearly reassuring for you and your baby daughter and all concerned. It is good when things go so well. Thank you for posting on this web site.

More generally we are building a picture of the provision of services in Devon and these comments will help the NHS and other providers develop and improve their services.

If you wish to discuss any health or social care issues with us in confidence, including receiving advice or information about services please call 0800 520 0640, or email info@healthwatchdevon.co.uk or go on-line to www.healthwatchdevon.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

Peter Brain

Healthwatch Devon is the consumer champion for Health and Social Care in Devon.

Response from North Devon District Hospital

Dear anonymous The team on Caroline Thorpe ward were delighted to receive this feedback. Thank you for taking the time to post it on NHS Choices. Kind regards Katherine