"Exemplary service"

About: Royal Bournemouth General Hospital / Gastroenterology

Undergoing the procedure of a Gastroscopy Bournemouth Hospital.

Exemplary service and care from beginning to end.

Care and patient attention and explanation.

Some waiting time where I was left alone.

Response from Sue Mellor, Patient Experience Lead, Royal Bournemouth & Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear ‘Buddh’

Kind regards and best wishes

Sue Mellor

Head of Patient Engagement

Response from Royal Bournemouth General Hospital

Copied from original response on Patient Opinion at time of posting in January 2015 Dear ‘Buddh’ Many thanks for your feedback about our Endoscopy Unit, I will most certainly share this with the Endoscopy team. It is not the most appealing thought to have a gastroscopy and some patients can be quite anxious when they arrive at the department so I am very pleased to hear that you had exemplary service with good explanations and care during the procedure. I am sorry to hear that you felt unattended during part of your visit and I will raise this concern with the ward sister to make sure that any periods of inactivity are made clear when explaining the treatment plan with the patient. Kind regards and best wishes Sue Mellor Head of Patient Engagement