"A visit to the GP"

About: NHS Ayrshire & Arran

I have had the long-lasting cold (just like everyone else). Symptoms changing but not going away. I am driving my family nuts with my coughing and when I awoke this morning to find I had a sore ear I thought ok, I think it is time to ask professional advice.

I gave in and phoned to ask for an appointment to see a nurse. (Generally I do not go to the practice, except kicking and screaming). The nurses were all busy but I was offered an appointment at 10. 40 with the doctors covering the emergency list. This is very good in these days of the winter pressures).

The waiting room was nearly bursting at the seems but I must say that Doctor Haveron was so pleasant, so professional and very helpful.

Agnes and Gary on reception were also very pleasant and helpful. It is truly nice to be part of our health service despite its issues. I would like to thank everyone at Dr Pugh and Partners, Kilmarnock for all the help they give.

Dear Eunyj9,

I am delighted to see the experience was so pleasant despite the busy time with all the winter pressures and cold germs everywhere.

I wil be very happy to pass this to the all the people in the practice so they can take the pat on the back they so deserve.

Best wishes,