"Waiting time appointment"

About: Springpark Resource Centre/Day Hosp

Recently in January I awoke in extreme discomfort in my urity tract, unable to pass urine without burning pain.

10: 30 I Phoned Springburn Health Centre for a appointment to see one of the GP's in Doctor Milburn's surgery. Only to be informed, there was to be a wait of 7 days, before seeing a GP. I explained to the very pleasant receptionist that I was in extreme pain and discomfort and could not properly pass urine.

I was advised to phone the NEXT day at 08: 30 for an EMERGENCY GP appointment.

Dear RexJim,

I am so sorry that you have had this experience when trying to see your GP - I can completely understand how frustrating this will be for you, particularly when you are in so much pain and discomfort.

Unfortunately, I am not able to comment on the practices of individual GP surgeries (for example, how they organise their appointments), but I think that it is important that they see your feedback. I am happy to pass your comments on to the Practice Manager if you would like, or you can make contact with them directly by calling the Surgery. Just let me know what you would prefer, either through Patient Opinion or directly on lorna.gray@ggc.scot.nhs.uk.

I hope that you got your emergency appointment quite quickly and that the rest of your treatment went smoothly.

Best Wishes,

• RexJim thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by RexJim (the patient)

The treatment appears to be working. However, having said that allowing the infection a a further 30 hours to grow before treatment started means the infection will be more deeply embedded and difficult to remove.