About: Fairfield General Hospital

My appointment was 2.10pm, I got there at 1.55. Gave the receptionist my completed info form, she bade me take a seat. There were 2 people/patients waiting already. Over the next 15 minutes those 2 went in and 6 other people/groups sat down. I thought I would be next, but 1 by 1 all six people/groups went in in front of me! I approached the receptionist and enquired if I had missed my call (I knew I hadn't, but this was the most polite way to say what's going on!) it was now 50 minutes I'd been waiting, she said I was early but yes I should have gone in by now, I said all 6 groups had gone in before me, I couldn't believe it when she then said, "yes but all their appointments were before mine" ?? I said "so you don't have to be ontime, you can be late for your appointment then!" she said "just a moment" then disappeared through the doors, came back with a nurse and told me I was next. At this point I was extremely upset and not in the best mood to go in for my long awaited (months) appointment.

Response from Fairfield General Hospital

We are sorry to read your comment regarding your wait for your appointment in the Ear Nose and Throat department at Fairfield General Hospital. If you wish to discuss your concerns, please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0161 604 5897. We will also forward your comment to the department manager.