"The service received was of the highest order"

About: Royal Cornwall Hospital (Treliske) / Accident and emergency

December 2014 - I was in Cornwall for a weeks holiday over Christmas and New Year when I had chest pain and my blood pressure was high.

My husband drove me to A&E at Royal Cornwall Hospital to be greeted by a very efficient and friendly receptionist. I was seen almost immediately. All the staff in A&E were friendly, efficient, caring and very quickly I had blood tests taken, this was followed by a doctor who came in to see me who was also very professional and explained I need to have a CT scan.

Whilst waiting for scan, my husband and I were well looked after. After scan more blood tests then a consultant came and explained all results and I was discharged with all information to give to my own GP. The levels of service we received (especially as we were visitors to the area) were of the highest order.

If I had visited my own local hospital I doubt the treatment would have been as good and I would have had to wait in A&E for hours. Many thanks to everyone concerned.

Response from Royal Cornwall Hospital (Treliske)

It's always a great boost to receive such positive feedback, we'll make sure it's passed onto the team. Thank you.