"Rheumatology, Neurology, Thoracics, Hepatology,..."

About: Derriford Hospital

I have been under the care of these departments since 2008, the majority being ongoing, as an inpatient and an outpatient, and I can honestly say that I could not wish for better care. Staff at all levels in these departments have been professional, caring, dedicated and very thorough, and I trust them implicitly. I have nothing but praise for the staff, and despite having some potentially dangerous conditions, I feel highly confident in the hospitals ability to do the very best for me. Everyone treats me with dignity and I feel fully involved in decisions relating to my treatment and ongoing care. I never feel uncomfortable in asking questions and I always receive answers which explain what I want clarification on. I know that A&E can get busy and there can be quite long waits there, but to be honest, I think this can be said of most A&E departments across the country, and it must be said that some people seem to go there unnecessarily, and that much time is taken up by people who have consumed too much alcohol, especially at weekends...obviously these things will impact upon how busy it is and how much staff time is spent on them. Overall, I think we are very lucky here to have an excellent hospital with excellent staff.

Response from Genny Turner, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Good morning,

Thank you for your kind comments and praise to the staff.

I am pleased to hear your experience with us has been a pleasant one and you have every confidence in our staff and felt you were treated with dignity.

Best wishes