"The NHS is helping me live after my heart attack."

About: Cheltenham General Hospital / Cardiology

I had a heart attack five years ago and received wonderful treatment in Norwich & Norfolk University Hospital.

Since then I have had several emergency admissions to the cardiac section of Cheltenham General Hospital, Gloucestershire, where I have received fantastic care from all concerned. I do mean all, from surgeons and consultants through to all staff on the wards.

Being far from wealthy, I depend absolutely on the NHS, and I cannot speak highly enough of the care I have received, and still receive, through that system.

I am living a relatively healthy and productive life, which I hope still contributes to society. Yet, to put it bluntly, without the NHS I would be dead.

I will defend the NHS as long as I live.

Response from Cheltenham General Hospital

Hi there, Thank you for sharing this fantastic review with us. It's great to hear you have been, and continue to be, so well cared for by our staff. We will pass your comment on to the staff in the cardiac unit who we're sure will be happy to read your thoughts on their service. Many thanks again The team at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust