"Generally good service. Staff attitude needs to be..."

About: Sussex Eye Hospital

I was generally happy with the eye hospitals a&e service and had been heard good things from plenty of people but was treated like absolute scum by a nurse. After her shooing me away because i'd had the same symptoms before, i was told to wait til 2 so she could ask if i could still be seen. I waited til 2 before having a shoddy eye test separately on my eyes and even after explaining to her my vast family history of glaucoma, type 1 diabetes and brain tumours i was basically mocked and treated like dirt because last time I had an appointment i had to cancel due to a family death. At the time that i cancelled i was told to call back if i still required an appointment, but my symptoms had gone. I was told that because i didnt go to my last appointment i was blacklisted and have been told to go see an optician (who i was referred by in the first place) all in all, a bad experience down to one terrible nurse.

Response from Sussex Eye Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please contact our Patient Advice & liaison Service (PALS) at pals@bush.nhs.uk or on 01273 664973.

Patient Experience Team