"Fantastic care...."

About: Ipswich Hospital

I broke my wrist badly on Dec 18th and ended up in A&E where I was seen within 15 minutes, assessed, given painkillers, X-Rayed, had the fractured reduced (not pleasant, but good local anaesthetic and gas and air helped), was XRayed again, plastered, given a cup of tea and an appointment to see the Consultant the next morning.....and all done in around 2hours. The care I received was superb....I was treated with courtesy throughout and all procedures were carefully explained to me. The staff were unfailingly pleasant, reassuring and highly skilled. Special thanks to the Nurse Practitioner.....for his wonderful expertise and humanity....a shining example of what good care should all be about. I have to say, having (rather stupidly!) stuck a knife in my hand last year, I received the same highly impressive level of care.....from GP to Ipswich A&E, to the Norfolk &Norwich Hand Surgeons for surgery and home again, all within 24 hours..... Thank you, everybody. Be very proud of what you do......

Response from Dominic Mundy, Patient and Carer Experience Manager, Clinical Directorate, Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust

Good morning Fiona,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to leave such positive feedback about your experience here at Ipswich Hospital.

It really is fantastic when staff members are recognised for all of their hard work and dedication.

Without fail I shall share your story with the team at A&E who will be delighted to hear of such a positive experience.

Many thanks

Dominic

Response from Ipswich Hospital

This is amazing feedback, thank you so much. We will share with the whole team. Every good wish for the future.