"I attended QA hospital yesterday to support two..."

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

I attended QA hospital yesterday to support two patients and I feel I could tell a different story for the different departments that I visited. The emergency eye department forgot about us and when I eventually asked what was happening I was told we would be seen in few minutes. Twenty minutes later when it was obvious that most of the staff had gone to lunch I found someone to speak I was told that we had been missed and could we come back after lunch and we would be seen first. I didn't think the staff were very apologetic when they discovered the mistake. Later I visited the Max Fac department for an annual review for my son - as always the reception staff, nurses and consultant were excellent. .

Response from Marion Brown, Head of Complaints and Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS), Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

I am sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience at the Emergency Eye Department and your comments will certainly be shared with them to ensure this is looked into.

Your positive comments about the Max Fac Dept is much appreciated and will also be shared with them.

Response from Queen Alexandra Hospital

We were very sorry to read of your concerns. We appreciate that these unnecessary delays would have caused you further distress. If you would like to discuss your concerns further then please contact our PALS team at PHT.Pals@porthosp.nhs.uk as they would be more than happy to look into this for you.